Pac-Man is considered the first video game to feature a power-up mechanic. You remember it: four Power Pellets are hidden in each level, temporarily granting Pac-Man the power to consume ghosts, turning the tables on his pesky opponents.
Power-ups were always my favourite part of playing games, from Mario's Super Mushrooms to Plasmids in BioShock. But what if you could boost your powers in real life, to get an in-game advantage?
Nootropics have a lot of promise as "actual power-ups" for gamers. For many gamers, eSport competitors, and anyone interested in improving their gaming skills to stay competitive with their peers or online foes, nootropics can be a powerful tool. It can help you achieve the precision, coordination, focus, and mental acuity necessary to outsmart and outmanoeuvre your foes - digital and fellow humans alike.
After all, you're a step behind the competition when your brain is sluggish. You can only blame it on network lag so many times before your friends call you out. Ultimately, you have control over how well you perform in the virtual world. The brain's capacity to process information will ultimately decide gaming success.
Now you're playing with power!
To optimize your peak gaming performance, it's best to use a variety of tools - including nootropic supplements which have been shown to enhance cognitive function by increasing mental energy levels while promoting clarity of thought.
Nootropics are also an excellent way to get a boost without the negative side effects associated with other stimulants such as caffeine or amphetamines. Unlike caffeine or energy drinks, they provide clean energy that isn't jittery or anxiety-provoking. Caffeine's stimulating effects only last a short time, and afterwards your gaming performance drops, which is not great for those marathon gaming sessions. Additionally, some substances are now prohibited by the International e-Sports Federation and other pro gaming bodies.
Modern games are fast, complex and make high cognitive demands. The motor skills necessary to play these types of video games cause your brain to work in ways that it never has before. These tasks require an extraordinary amount resources from both the body's muscles as well as its mind for optimal performance. They require a higher degree of skill, not just in the physical act but also on cognitive levels that can place an extraordinary demand on your body's motor skills - as well as hand eye coordination abilities if you want to be successful.
Nootropics are the tools you need to take your game up a notch. They can improve mental energy and cognitive function. And don't forget about improving vision with blue-light blocking glasses; they reduce eye strain while also increasing visual acuity (Counter Strike fans listen up!)
7 Ways Nootropics Can Help You Level Up
I can tell you from personal experience that nootropics are the secret weapon to fighting fatigue, distraction, pain, and more while gaming. Here are seven ways that your gaming abilities may be enhanced with nootropics.
- Better reflexes & reaction time - This one is key if you play FPS or any other fast-paced games where every millisecond counts! No matter how good your strategy is in chess or poker, if your opponent beats you because they have faster reflexes than yours do, then you’re at a huge disadvantage.
- Superior vision - This has so many applications for gamers! Being able to see an opponent faster will keep you out of trouble and let you kill them before they kill you. No more of that annoying lag when your game is trying to catch up with your movements!
- Heightened focus - Man, there are just some days where you don’t feel like getting out of bed. On the other side of the spectrum, there are also those days when your mind races faster than ever and you can't stop thinking about everything. Having that extra mental clarity to get into "the zone" is always a great place to be.
- Think and learn faster - I can’t tell you how many times I've had a complex strategy idea, but my mind couldn't seem to process it quickly enough for me to put it into action. Whether you're coming up with tactics during a multiplayer match or trying to beat your best score in Fruit Ninja, you can benefit from having better focus and processing speed.
- More energy - Preventing physical fatigue through nootropics is key for gamers who want to play all day! No, I don't mean sit in front of the computer for 12 hours without stopping. What I mean is that if you start feeling tired or your body is telling you it's time to take a break, you can choose to push on through with nootropics.
- Reduce physical pain - This benefit of using nootropics applies to gamers who have chronic injuries that are painful enough to interfere with their game play or even just the simple act of enjoying life! I've personally used nootropics to reduce my chronic pain while continuing to exercise and take care of myself.
- Take care of your brain - Put down the energy drinks and opt for nootropics instead! Many gamers swear by nootropics as their secret weapon to maximize their performance.